Session Times & Fees
Full Day 8.30am - 5.30pm
Bishop Auckland College Nursery is open Monday - Friday 8.30am - 5.30pm with the exception of Bank Holidays, identified days around the Christmas and New Year period, and 2 training days per year:
- Half Day morning 8.30am – 1pm (includes breakfast and lunch)
- Half Days afternoon 1pm – 5.30pm (includes light tea snack)
8am Early Starts are available by prior arrangement for a small additional fee.
Nursery Education Grant funded children attending the pre-school nursery
- The Nursery Education Grant Fund provides 15 hours free nursery education from the term following the child’s third birthday
- The nursery has a variety of options regarding how these 15 hours can be allocated. Details are available on separate sheet
- Children in receipt of Nursery Education Grant Fund may access Term-Time-Only sessions
- Children in receipt of Nursery Education Grant Funding may extend their sessions by topping up with additional hours that are paid on a private basis
- Snacks and meals will be charged as an extra
- Fees are paid in accordance with the fee schedule
- Fees quoted are per child and are payable on the 1st to the 10th of each calendar month
- There will be a £5 charge for late payments
- Recurring payment by credit or debit card is our preferred method of payment
How do we calculate fees?
Parents have asked us to make it easier to manage their budget by ensuring that the payments remain the same every month. We have ensured that this happens by calculating monthly fees in the following way:
- We multiply the daily session fees by the total number of sessions you have requested
- We deduct Bank Holidays and education grants (if applicable) plus any training days
- We then divide by 12
This ensures that you pay the same for each month.
Education Grant and fees
Nursery Education Grant funding is automatically deducted from your account.
If your child attends the nursery on a ‘Full Year’ basis, full fees are required over the periods when your child is on holiday. It would be appreciated if one month's notice of your intention to take holidays is given so that staffing needs can be identified.
Period of notice/termination
We require one month's written notice or one month's fees in lieu of notice if you wish to withdraw your child from the nursery.