We provide courses at many locations throughout the area so there’s no need to travel to learn. There’s also no problem fitting learning into your lifestyle, some of our courses are ‘roll-on, roll-off’ - so you can start throughout the year, not just September.
With Community Learning courses you can:
- Enrol and learn in your community
- Start a course throughout the year
- Enjoy flexible learning options
- Choose courses for all ages and abilities
Choosing the right course for you
If you are unsure which course or pathway is right for you, why not talk to one of our team. Our Tutors can advise you on the best level to start on.
Don’t forget, once you’ve chosen your course, we’ll support you all the way!
Community Learning Centres at Barnard Castle, Bishop Auckland, Crook and Newton Aycliffe
There are four Community Learning Centres based at Barnard Castle (Teesdale Training), Bishop Auckland (Newgate), Crook and Newton Aycliffe.
These courses offer a ‘roll-on, roll-off’ facility so that you can attend on a day and time that fits in with your lifestyle. You will be supported by friendly approachable staff who will guide you through your learning journey.
The four Community Learning Centres specialise in the following:
- Computers for the Terrified: for those who have never used a computer before
- City and Guilds Start IT for the absolute beginner covering: basic Wordprocessing, IT Fundamentals and Internet and Email
- City and Guilds in ICT (Level 1) covering: Wordprocessing, Spreadsheets, Databases, Presentation Graphics, Desktop Publishing, Security for IT Users and Improving Productivity
- City and Guilds in ICT (Level 2) covering: Wordprocessing, Spreadsheets, Databases, Presentation Graphics and Improving Productivity
Please click on the links to the Centres' pages for more information and other courses available